Friday, September 29, 2006

Rolling Stones Concert

It may come as a surprise to some, as I see by Nicole's post this morning, but The Eagle's article regarding the fact that the Rolling Stones concert is not sold out is no big surprise to me. Although the Stones are world-famous, I just don't think Wichita's demographics make up a huge fan base.

As an older student, I've never been a big fan of the Stones, and as such, the concert hold no appeal for me. I also think that because it an older band, it's popularity has decreased. The concert program most likely will consist of their hits, and if you are truly a Stones fan, you probably have already seen them in concert.

Furthermore, the fact that the concert is to be held at Cessna Stadium rather than the Kansas Coliseum speaks volumes. Obviously, the planners did not anticipate a huge turnout.

For all you Rolling Stones fans out there, I'm not knocking them. They're phenominal. History speaks for itself. But who wants to pay to see some 60-year-olds gyrating around the stage, acting like twenty-somethings? No thanks...I'll wait for Tim McGraw!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home