Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another example of poor writing

Did anyone happen to see the article "Gang authorities," posted Sunday, Oct. 1 on kansas.com? I stumbled across it this morning and thought I'd share what I found.

The article discusses a police unit assigned to monitor gang activity in Wichita, and follows an officer during his night patrol.
One sentence reads: "...someone walked up in the darkness this night..." Duh! First, it's obviously dark if it's night, second, "darkness" - is this even a word?

Further down, it explains how the officer "studied his way to a master's degree." Gee, you think?

In my opinion, this is a perfect example of poor writing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

I'm pretty sure "darkness" is a word.

10/05/2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home