Thursday, October 12, 2006

gardeners and cooks

I was reading the paper the other night and will reading the opinion poll I came across something that struck me as very racist. I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but i was honestly surprised that the Eagle actually put this in.

The comment made was by a parent who suggested that they think it is a good idea for schools to teach spanish starting with kindergarten or first grade. "if they don't, how are our children supposed to communicate with their cooks and gardeners."
That quote really got to me. I laughed at first thinking it was kind of funny and immediately changed my perspectative. I feel that it was a very rude quote and probably shouldn't have been posted. That is just how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home