Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It's about hyphenation

Fall 2006 WSU Rim Rats
Ok so I dyed my hair back to blonde last week and fried my bangs, which led me online to find some hair-treatment recipes. I found a Web site called womenshealthcaretopics.com which looked like a well-maintained and put-together Web site, but once I started reading the article, I was absolutely amazed by the number of errors I found. This blog would be way too long if I talked about each one, so I’ll number and list them below:

1. curly haired women…should be curly-haired (this appears several times in the article)
2. straight haired women…should be straight-haired
3. Living in a humid client…should be climate
4. frizinness…should be frizziness
5. silicon based product….should be silicon-based
6. Consider a leave in conditioning treatment….should be leave-in
7. If you can afford it consider a….should be afford it, consider (run-on sentence, needs comma)
8. ways to tame fly aways…should be fly-aways
9. Be careful however. (sentence fragment)
10. weighted down…should be weighed down
11. can help minimize product build up…should be buildup

There were other mistakes, but I’m sure you get the point. Maybe they could think of hiring an editor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home