Friday, October 13, 2006

Neighbors West

I caught a few errors in Thursday's "Neighbors West" section. The article "Fighting blight with home ownership," talks about promoting home ownership. Can someone tell me why realtor is spelled with a capital 'R' throughout the entire story?

On page 3F, there's a section devoted to yesterday in history. Some of these stories, albeit somewhat interesting, seem poorly written, and/or contain spelling errors; i.e. '52 years ago' with abortion missing the 's.' The story about Mike Oatman uses the phrase 'Our Town,' and the phrase is capitalized. What's this about?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Roehrman said...

Hey DaNene,

Realtor is a service mark and AP calls for capitalization. To be honest, it's not a rule I'm fond of, but my irritation isn't a strong enough reason for me to issue a contrary rule.

As for Yesterday in History, The Eagle's news associates pull those articles from our archives and the copy desk tries to leave them alone. I often cringe when reading them, but they are as they appeared the first time.

Michael

10/15/2006 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home