Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Eagle flag

Even though I'm in Boston, I decided to take a peek at the Eagle's front page on the Web site. Although I agree with Raquel that the staff did a good job coming up with front page topics, I dont like the lady in the red dress smack in the middle of the Eagle flag. This is something we talked about when the Eagle front page designer was in class. In some situations, like the front page with the bugs on the side of the flag, interventions are ok. However, in this situation, I think it's a distraction and shouldn't be there. Maybe if they could've put her on the side of the flag, it would have been more effective.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jelena said...

I agree with the comments about the Eagle flag. I believe that the name of the paper is very important no matter we can assume that the reader already know what they are reading. That is why I am against graphics that go over the paper's name.
The Sunday issue, on the other side, had something that could be considered a smart solution. The basketball player was holding the ball on the "E" of the "eagle" making a good connection between two elements. However, I would put the name on top of the player or move him more down.

11/26/2006 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home