Monday, November 20, 2006

Good story

I don't often see stories about professors that are being lauded for their teaching abilities. The November 13 issue of The Sunflower has a big story about a French professor who, apparently, does a good job teaching French. I think this kind of story so often gets forgotten or put inside the paper where few people would ever see it.

I am pleased with The Sunflower for putting this story on the front page, and above the fold no less. Granted, there may have been a lack of dark news on this day, but I still think it's great. If newspapers printed more stories about the good work some people are doing, I think it would have a positive impact on the community as a whole.

Of course, the dark news also needs to be told, but there seems to be such an emphasis on it all the time. Would we all turn into hobbits if we only told the good news? Would that be so bad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home