Thursday, November 23, 2006

Greetings again from Boston! So, I was skimming through the Boston Globe today (the paper I am inevitably going to write for someday) and thought the centerpiece of the paper was a little odd...It was about a physical plant that exploded in Danvers, Mass., and it's all about the tragedy of this accident. There's a huge picture that takes up the entire top half of the paper that shows mass destruction, and most of the articles inside were about the accident. The explosion happened today (Thanksgiving Day) at about 3 a.m., so it was right of them to cover it. However, I'm not sure that using that as the centerpiece story was the right thing to do, especially Thanksgiving Day...

1 Comments:

Blogger Beka said...

Okay Les, I'm leaving this blog but I'm not really sure where it will end up because it won't let me log in to do my normal comments. So frustrating! Oh well...I have just a few comments about some of the advertisements in the November 29 Sunflower. First, the Elektrik chair ad has a stipulation that says "With this add, 10% off", instead of "with this ad". Also an ad for Governeour Manor apartments reads in a large font "2 BEDROOMS AVAILABLE NOW" which sounds like there are two rooms rather than 2-bedroom apartments. My final critique is in the Mulligan's ad in which there are proper capitalizations all throughout the advertisement until it comes to the drink specials where none of the brands were capitalized, which bugs me (i.e., bud light, miller light). Sure, it's nit-picking, but that's what we're here for right?

12/04/2006 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home