Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sex Offenders

There is an article on the Wichita Eagle website that talks about passing a bill to restrict sex offenders for place that primarily serve children. Now maybe I am interpreting this wrong, but in the article it says "But the measure raises questions about whether banning offenders from parks, playgrounds and pools is a public safety measure or an unconstitutional second round of punishment." I'm assuming they are referring to punishing the offenders, but it is not clear. Why shouldn't the offenders be punished? If banishing them prom public places that cater to children is punishment, then bring it on. I certainly wouldn't want them to be able to roam around while my children are playing. I think they should just be locked up. Then there wouldn't be a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home